Meet Model X
Model X is the safest, fastest and most capable sport utility vehicle in history. With all-wheel drive and a 90 kWh battery providing 257 miles of range, Model X has ample seating for seven adults and all of their gear. And it’s ludicrously fast, accelerating from zero to 60 miles per hour in as quick as 3.2 seconds. Model X is the SUV uncompromising.
The estimated delivery for new reservations is the latter half of 2016
Safety First Design
Model X is designed with safety as the first priority. The floor-mounted battery lowers the center of gravity so that the risk of rollover is about half that of any vehicle in its class. The battery structure strengthens Model X against side impact intrusions. And without a gasoline engine, the large front trunk acts as a giant impact-absorbing crumple zone. Although the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has not yet conducted crash testing on Model X, Tesla’s own internally conducted crash testing indicates that Model X should be the first SUV to receive the highest safety rating in every category.
Model X continually scans the surrounding roadway with camera, radar and sonar systems, providing the driver with real-time feedback to help avoid collisions. Even at highway speeds, Model X is designed to automatically apply brakes in an emergency.
Pollution Free, Inside and Out
A medical grade HEPA filter strips outside air of pollen, bacteria, viruses and pollution before circulating it into the cabin. There are three modes: circulate with outside air, re-circulate inside air and a bioweapon defense mode that creates positive pressure inside the cabin to protect occupants.
Falcon Wing doors allow easy access to second and third row seats from even a tight parking space, while traditional SUV doors or Minivan sliding doors would not grant any access.
With only a foot of clearance on either side, Falcon Wing doors articulate smoothly up and out of the way, allowing passengers to enter from both front and rear directions. The side and overhead opening is so large that parents can buckle children in without ducking or straining and without bumping their child’s head on the roof.
Model X is able to achieve 257 miles of range in part because it is the most aerodynamic SUV in production. At 0.24, Model X’s drag coefficient is 20% lower than the next best SUV. In addition, an active spoiler deploys from the rear liftgate to optimize highway efficiency and stability.
Model X has the largest all glass panoramic windshield in production, providing an unparalleled view of the stars and sky above. Optimized solar tinting and obstruction-free view creates unlimited visibility for the driver and all passengers.
Seating for Seven + Gear
Model X comfortably seats seven people in three rows. Every seat is the best seat in the house, but the second row seats are a work of art. Mounted on a single post and independently reclining, each second row seat is designed to maximize passenger comfort, legroom, under seat storage and access to the third row. The third row seats fold flat when not in use and the second row seats lean forward and out of the way for even more cargo area.
Stow everyone’s gear in Model X’s large front trunk, rear cargo area and under passenger seats. Hitch mounted accessory carriers hold additional gear. Model X is the first electric vehicle with a 5,000 pound towing capacity.
Model X Performance base option acceleration ratings follow Motor Trend’s test procedure of subtracting the first foot rollout time to represent drag strip performance.
- Regular over-the-air updates add safety and navigation features, enhance performance and improve the driver experience
- Free long distance travel on Tesla’s expanding Supercharger network
- Maps and navigation with real time traffic information
- Center console with a quick connection phone dock
- GPS enabled Homelink
- Electric All-Wheel Drive for maximum efficiency and traction
- Active safety technologies, including side collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking, even at highway speeds
- Parking sensors and blind spot warning
- Full LED headlamps
- Power-folding, heated side mirrors
- Up to four LATCH child seat attachments
- Largest glass panoramic windshield in production, providing unparalleled views
- Falcon Wing doors allow easy access to second and third row seats, even from tight parking spaces
- Automatic keyless entry
- Automatic rear liftgate
- Largest interior storage capacity of its class: 77 cubic feet in the six seat interior configuration
- Front trunk with room for luggage, strollers or two golf bags
- 8 year, infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty
- 4 year, 50,000 mile limited warranty
Taken from- Tesla Motors www.tesla.com
Because Winworks Works!