How to Add the New California Battery Fee (Effective April 1, 2017)
The Battery Fee will be set up as a surcharge and coded to accounting code 2-MISC OR a classification not currently being used. This will allow the fee to be tracked on the Full Details Report in the MISC 2 column. You will need to verify that any surcharges already configured are NOT coded to 2-MISC. If any other surcharges are coded to 2-MISC, change to another classification.
Steps to set up a surcharge for the Battery Fee
- • Click on LISTS at the top of the AutoShop screen
- • Select Standard Surcharge
- • Click the ADD button
- • Type in surcharge name of Battery Fee
- • Enter Fixed Dollar Amount of $1.00
- • Change the Accounting Classification drop-down option to 2-MISC OR a classification not currently being used
- • Click OK to save
- Run the accounting report “Miscellaneous Sales Report” to get the accounting information for tax purposes.